Supporting Your ELLs
This workshop will provide an overview of the WIDA English language proficiency (ELP) standards and Common Core State Standards, with a focus on using these standards for Supporting Your ELLs to meet college- and career-ready expectations.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify areas of alignment between WIDA ELP standards and Common Core.
- Use the Model Performance Indicators (MPIs) in the WIDA ELP standards to assist students in accessing Common Core State Standards.
- Develop practical applications to the classroom for Common Core and WIDA ELP standards.
- Gain an introduction to the updated WIDA standards to be released in the fall of 2012.
- Better understand the language expectations in the Common Core State Standards and identify other resources for assisting ELLs in accessing the Common Core.
Presented by one of Catapult Learning’s Common Core Experts:
Heather Bickley, ELL Expert and Professional Development Coach