Unique Professional Development and Coaching Support
Webinars strengthen participants’ focus on supporting struggling learners.
ReadUp’s professional development webinars are one-hour long each and include these topics:
- Differentiation Support: Strengthens teachers’ understanding of differentiation and its importance in providing successful intervention.
- Formative Assessment: Examines the importance of formative assessments in an intervention setting, and a variety of techniques for making immediate, near-future and last-chance adjustments to instruction.
- ReadUp’s Use of Challenging Texts: Reviews the various resources available within ReadUp that can be used to enhance rigorous and relevant instruction within an intervention setting, and engages teachers in a model Reading to Write lesson.
- Habits of Mind: Teachers will learn four habits of mind that can be targeted for improvement and have a significant impact on student success.
- ReadUp’s Instructional Model: Reviews the key attributes of the ReadUp instructional model, including activation of relevant knowledge, teacher input, student active participation, and identification of student success.
- ReadUp’s Support for Struggling Learners and ELLs: Focuses on the suggestions and strategies for supporting struggling learners and English language learners within ReadUp’s lessons.
Coaching provides observation, specific feedback, and individualized support.
Catapult Learning’s Common Core and reading intervention experts are available to coach and support your teachers during implementation of ReadUp. Coaching is structured around observation and feedback, and focuses as needed on:
- Fidelity to the instructional model
- Reading comprehension skill instruction
- Reading to write instruction
- Understanding mastery
ReadUp’s Teacher Lounge promotes ongoing support, online.
A collaborative online community for ReadUp users, the Teacher Lounge further supports professional development with discussions, idea sharing, on-demand materials, ELL solutions, teaching models, and more.