Implementing the Common Core State Standards at Your School
Complimentary Workshops Specifically for School Leaders and Principals
The new standards require teachers to transcend their current teaching algorithms and adopt new ones. As a leader, facilitating this transformation will be challenging, but with a deeper understanding of the standards, knowledge of best practices, and quality resources at your fingertips, you will have the leverage you need to be a CCSS change agent in your school or district.
During these common core leaders workshops, the Catapult Learning Common Core Experts will teach you how to:
- Support teachers as they re-conceptualize their approach to teaching and push student expectations beyond skill acquisition to application.
- Utilize the progressions of learning in the Common Core to map out a clear trajectory of learning so that teachers know what students should have learned and what they will be learning next.
- Structure effective standards-based planning that aligns with the Common Core and reflects the required shifts in instruction.
- Build capacity for middle and high school teachers to develop a higher level of literacy in their students with focus on informational texts in science, social studies, and history.
These professional development workshops will be sure to expand your skill set and make you a better leader of teachers for our 21st century students. Catapult Learning’s CCSS curriculum and professional development experts will lead the sessions.
All attendees will receive a new Common Core State Standards-related book by Douglas Fisher or Doug Buel as a “thank you” from Catapult Learning.
Please join us at one of our upcoming workshops! Click on the event near you below for more information. Register today- space is limited:
Thursday, February 19 – Monroe Township, NJ – Second Session Added!
Thursday, April 18 – Wichita, KS – (Rescheduled from Feb 28)
- Friday, May 10 – Conshohocken, PA
- Wednesday, May 15 – San Jose, CA
- Thursday, May 16 -Anaheim, CA
- Wednesday, June 12 – McDonough, GA
- Thursday, June 27 – Los Angeles California
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!